The Ministry of Transport requires all vehicles to undergo annual testing before they can be allowed on the roads. The MOT test can be taken at almost any centre of your choice throughout the country. The Ministry of Transport has designated numerous testing centres, many of which are local workshops and garages, from where you can get the test done. If you have a car that’s three years old, you will need to go in for the MOT test. Here are a few things you should know about the test itself.
What Does the Test Include?
- The MOT test involves checking the car from the outside, the engine bay, and the interior.
- The engine performance of the vehicle will also be checked, along with the safety features inside the car.
- The MOT testing company in Plymouth will then check the emissions of your vehicle to determine whether it’s safe to drive or not.
- The suspension of your vehicle will be checked, along with the brakes, tyres, and wheels.
- The body, structure, and other general items will also be checked, such as the bumpers and the mirror housings.
Once the testing is complete, you will receive a certificate if your vehicle passes the test. If not, you will have to get the issues resolved and then take your car in for a retest. You will have to pay a partial fee to the company if you take your car to the same testing centre for a retest.